The Retina Center, is a medical practice established in 1985. We specialize in treating the retina and vitreous of the eye, which are delicate tissues at the back of the eye responsible for vision. Diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, retinal detachment, and many others interfere with the function of the retina and vitreous.
Doctors and Staff
Our doctors and staff are highly experienced, and will be readily available to answer your questions and concerns. Our equipment for testing and treatment is state-of-the-art. Treatments available at our offices include laser, cryotherapy, anti-VEGF medication, and photodynamic therapy. Surgeries are performed at the Phillips Eye Institute adjacent to our Minneapolis office. We are dedicated to providing superior care, with compassion and . We look forward to helping you!
What to expect at your visit
On your first visit you should plan to be at the Retina Center for at least two hours. You will receive a complete medical eye examination with dilating drops. Your eyes will be sensitive to light for a few hours so you may wish to bring a pair of dark glasses and have someone to drive you home.
Depending on your eye condition, you may receive specialized testing (fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography, or ocular ultrasound) and you may undergo treatment. The equipment used to diagnose and treat your condition at the Retina Center is the most advanced and best available.
To provide the highest quality of retina medical and surgical care that we can provide.
To care for all patients with compassion, kindness and integrity.
To provide the community and patients with options for participation in clinical trials.
To continue to educate our patients about the diseases that they face and appropriate means of disease prevention.
To provide an environment in which staff and physician education is fostered in an open manner for the improvement of all.
To provide an environment of fairness and equality for all staff and physicians.
What to bring to your visit
- Your complete insurance information including your Medicare or Medicaid card if you have one.
- Referral information. If a referral from your doctor is required by your HMO or insurance plan, please obtain it before your visit. Plans such as Health Partners, Medica Primary/Elect, and Blue Plus require such referrals.
- A photo ID
- A list of your medications and any allergies you may have.
- A family member or friend to drive you home if possible. Your relative or friend is welcome to observe the visit.
- We will ask you to fill out forms (below) about your medical history and insurance. You may wish to print these forms now and fill them out before your visit to save time.